Friday, August 06, 2010

Sip Sip from the Cup of Life

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking with that title. Just came to mind randomly.

So life has changed a bit again. But that's not really important. Life is a constant changing. That's what makes it so lovely, so unpredictable.
Well I will say, I've moved into my dream home with my bandmates Takuji and Hoshiki, who also happen to be two of my best friends. We also have a resident bandmate Paul who may as well live here, he's also one of my best friends.
Here we spend nights with our beat-educed strobe light creating shapes across our living room walls as we jam out random songs about everyday life. Our little haven. The living room is the best place to be, drumset in the middle of the room, guitars and amps line the walls, we used to have a PA, but as far as noise goes, it's probably best we don't for now (we can get a little crazy).
Life is amazing. Before Takuji planned his trip for Japan, new Cosmodelion had finished writing 5-6 solid good songs together with me as the singer. This month, as Takuji is gone, Timothy "Human" Anderson will be occupying the otherwise empty room. It's been a nice addition having Human around. He is a photographer like I used to call myself so it motivates me to bring out my old clunker occasionally to snap a photo here or there.
Cosmodelion is the best band I've ever been in. I mean these guys are serious about music and serious about experiencing life. It's the perfect combination for success and for me. These guys are exactly what I needed.
Serious musicians. It's like, a dream come true!
This house in general is a dream come true.
Just try to imagine: Living with your bandmates so even if you get home at 11pm you can STILL have a midnight jam sesh, the music you make is ACTUALLY GOOD, the people you make it with don't have an ego so there's always room for improvement. Everyday is one step closer to where you want to be.
But isn't that the point? The journey?

I can't believe my luck. After everything you go through, you never really know if it is worth it.
But even if this is the end, this is worth it.
I am SO happy.
I'm working two jobs, 6 days a week and my car just got towed but I don't remember a time I've been more pleased with my life. This is my yellow brick road. I found it.

Finnnaallllyyyyyyyyyy.
ohmigod cannnntwaiittttttt.

No comments: